The surprises never stop! This time, Lena from Our Chaotic Mess nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! This is one of those awards that I’ve seen on so many blogs, and I always hoped to be nominated for it. So, thank you Lena!
If you haven’t checked her out already, please do so! She writes a lot about parenting, homeschooling, and even being a college student herself. My favorite post of hers is one where she talks about her decision to pursue working in hospice care.
Thank the person who nominated you
Answer the 11 questions they have asked
Nominate another 11 bloggers and ask them 11 questions
- What made you start blogging?
I honestly don’t remember the exact moment when I decided to try blogging. But, I do know that decision was fueled by the desire to live a better life through rekindling my love for certain hobbies and helping other people in the process.
- What post of yours do you wish had received more attention?
I’m particularly proud of this post– Why It’s Okay to Say No. I wrote it sort of as a reminder to myself.
- What is your go-to Fall recipe?
My go-to fall recipe was actually the first recipe I posted on my blog– Dutch Apple Bread. I found the recipe last year before a baking contest at work, and now I make it for a lot of holidays and special events!
- What would you ask for if the answer was a guaranteed yes?
As much as I want to say a year-long vacation or to make a million dollars a year, I’d probably ask for there to be no more hatred in the world. I feel like that would solve a lot of issues that people around the world currently face.
- What is one tip you have for promoting your blog/content?
Join Facebook blogging groups. Not only will you learn tips and tricks, but some groups allow you to share your most recent posts with others, which allows you to meet other people and grow your audience.
- Where do you blog from? (office, couch, bed, etc)
I typically blog from my couch, but I’ve found that I’m the most productive if I’m sitting in public somewhere like a coffee shop or an airport (basically somewhere without wifi… the internet is a distracting place).
- What is one thing about you that surprises people?
I’ve mentioned this before on here, but probably the fact that I almost studied astrophysics in college. It’s the exact opposite of interior design.
- What are three of your highlights from October?
Celebrated one year of this blog, got to travel to a new part of the United States for work, and was nominated for two blogging awards!
- Who’s your favorite blogger and how did you discover them?
Oh man. It’s going to be difficult to choose a favorite. I’ve met so many lovely bloggers who all have great blogs. But, I’m going to say Maud from My Passion Projects. I first found her by scrolling through the “Who to Follow” section on Twitter!
- How do you wind down after a long week?
I’m basically the definition of an introvert, so I typically like to stay at home if I’ve had a long week so that I can recharge. I can sleep in, read, catch up on any shows/YouTube videos, and maybe write a little bit.
- If you could create your own blogging tag what would it be?
(I’m not sure if this means a hashtag or a blog post tag, so I’m going to answer it for hashtag since I’ve actually been thinking a lot about that recently). I would love to create a Twitter Chat hashtag since there don’t seem to be many US blogger chats on there right now. I would probably name it #thishalcyonchat where we would talk about self care, mental health, and things to make people’s days a little bit brighter.
- What is something you wanted to say to someone but never had the chance to?
- Do your friends and family know you have a blog? If so, are they supportive?
- What is one memory you wish to never lose?
- Who are your biggest inspirations in the blogging community?
- If you only had a month to live, how would you spend your final days?
- What is your favorite thing to do on a day off?
- What would you tell your five-year-old self about you?
- What is your ultimate goal with your blog?
- If you could have any career without any repercussions, what you would choose?
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- What is something you want to do on your blog that you haven’t already?
- Thoughts of a Multipotentialite
- Michelle – lazy day project
- Charcoal and Grace
- Alison – Little Blog of Positivity
- Macey – Twinkle Thoughts
- Bushra – Bushra’s Lifestyle Blog
- Emily – Emily Aagaard
- Pints, Pounds, and Pate
- Anneli – Pigletish
- Chaz – Unlunacy
- Katie – Katie’s Sanctuary
And yes, a lot of these people have been nominated by me for other awards, but they’re all just really great, y’know? (That, and I need more small bloggers to follow. Leave your favorite small bloggers in the comments!)