It’s that time of year– time to test out some new holiday cookie recipes! I have my go to’s for the holidays, but I’m always looking for new ideas. I’ve also had a craving for s’mores recently, which led me to create this recipe for marshmallow chocolate chip cookies!
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Bake Time: 9-11 minutes | Makes: 2 dozen
16 tablespoons of softened salted butter
1 cup white sugar (I like to use raw cane sugar with a coarser texture)
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla
3 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup of chocolate chips
1/2 cup of mini marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie trays with parchment paper or use a non-stick tray.
- Place the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar into a bowl. Using a mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat until incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix together until the dough forms small crumbles.
- Add chocolate chips into the dough and incorporate with your hands.
- Form the dough into a circle about the size of your palm. Add a couple of marshmallows on the top of the dough for each cookie (I found this was easier instead of mixing the marshmallows into the dough like the chocolate chips). Place cookies on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until the bottoms of the cookies are a golden brown.
- Place leftover cookies in an airtight container and store in a cool place.