Thoughts are powerful things. They can alter the way you view yourself, other people, and the world. And most times, your negative thoughts outweigh your positive ones. If you see a flaw in yourself, or if something bad happens to you, any positivity gets overshadowed by the negativity. You may begin to obsess over those thoughts, which then leads no room for positivity, ultimately bringing down your mood. Positive affirmations are a way to fight against those negative thoughts that keep reappearing. By just repeating them to yourself, you can replace the negative thoughts with positive ones.
Personally, I feel that the morning is the perfect time to practice these affirmations. If you practice when you first wake up or are getting ready for the day, it doesn’t leave you with much time to let negative thoughts occur. It creates a solid, positive foundation for you to build your day upon.
Here are ten positive affirmations to practice during your morning routine to start your day off right:
- I will take care of my body like it takes care of me.
- I will not let negativity affect me.
- I am strong, smart, and capable of whatever comes my way.
- I am worthy of love and respect.
- I radiate positivity and compassion.
- I will fill my day with things that bring me joy.
- I am getting closer to my goals each day.
- I am the only me there is, and that is special.
- I will forgive myself if I make any mistakes.
- I surround myself with people who make me a better person.
Are there any positive affirmations that you use on a daily basis?