I’m a sucker for all things pamper related– masks, scrubs, soaps, lotions, you name it. But what I hate is how expensive these things can sometimes be in the store. So, here is a quick DIY for your own sugar scrub that you can make with whatever scent you like! Not to mention, I bought all of the ingredients for under $10!
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Makes: 4oz
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil
8-10 drops of soap essential oil
3 drops of soap coloring
- Measure out the granulated sugar and place in a bowl.
- Measure out the coconut oil and place in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 30 seconds, or until the oil has melted.
- Combine the coconut oil with the sugar.
- Add 8-10 drops of soap essential oil. Stir well.
- Add 3 drops of soap coloring. Stir well.
- Add mixture to a glass jar with a well sealed lid (I used a Ball jar). The scrub should last 2-3 weeks at room temperature.
- Enjoy during your next pamper session!
Now that I have all of the ingredients (including a huge jar of coconut oil– why don’t they sell smaller jars of that stuff?), I can continue to make these scrubs for no cost at all! And considering the amount that I have left, I can probably make another 7-8 jars. That’s a lot nicer than spending $10 every couple of weeks, if you ask me!
Have you tried to make your own sugar scrubs? What is your favorite scent to use? Let me know below!